Find a Job: Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program
For more information or to register, contact Lori Akiyama at 604-988-2931 ext. 241 or email@example.com
Career Paths March 2017
NSMS Employment Programs:
Employment Mentoring Program
Get Connected Program
Retail Connections Program
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants helps newcomers build on their pre-arrival skills and qualifications to prepare to enter their occupational field. Program components include a series of unique workshops geared towards career development for professionals, networking and mentoring opportunities, site tours of local companies, and a workplace practicum where participants can apply learned concepts to a Canadian environment.
• Learn how to get your foreign qualifications recognized in BC
• Build and expand your professional network
• Improve “soft skills” that employers look for when hiring
• Connect with employers, recruiters and regulators
• Hear success stories from other new immigrants who are currently working in their occupational area
Who is Eligible?
• Permanent Residents of Canada or Refugees
• Underemployed and working more than 20 hours per week, or
• Unemployed, non-EI, non-BCEA eligible
• At least three years of pre-arrival experience in a profession, trade or skilled occupation
• Intermediate English language skills
For more information or to register, please contact Lori Akiyama or call 604-988-2931 ext. 241
Our services are Government Sponsored and Free of Charge.